Foundations of American History Professional Development Training
North County Region Education Center
255 Pico Avenue, San Marcos, CA 92069
History Content (Presented by American Institute for History Education)
August 15-19, 2011
- Motivations of the Colonists to Come to the New World
- Ideological Roots of Colonial America, Precursor Steps to Revolution
October 7, January 13, March 16, May 18
- Writing-Using Primary Source Documents to Teach Non-Fiction Writing and Aligning Instruction to Common Core Standards
- Professional Learning Communities-Working in Small Collaborative Groups to Develop and/or Refine Units of Study that Integrate History Content with Writing (Focus on Differentiated Instruction)
- Technology-Utilizing Resources to Enhance Writing Instruction
I look forward to another incredible year together, not only because of the opportunity to learn from all of our wonderful presenters, but for the chance to benefit from each other's expertise as we work collaboratively with one another in small groups!
* I apologize if this is a duplicate post! I posted a similar entry on 5/12/11, but it was deleted by Blogger. According to their website, all new blog entries on Blogger that were posted had been "temporarily deleted" while they were doing routine maintenance. It appears that entry has been lost somewhere in cyberspace, however, so I am re-doing it just to be on the safe side!